Marg Csapo Scholarship
Special Education Association Award
||The Marg Csapo Scholarship was established to honour Marg Csapo, a long-standing SEA executive member, to recognize her accomplishments in special education as a faculty member with UBC and as editor of the BC Journal of Special Education. The $1,000 scholarship may be presented at the annual SEA Conference to an individual taking training at a senior level in special education at a university in British Columbia. |
||A $1,000 scholarship.|
||The applicant must
- be currently enrolled in 4th year, 5th year, or graduate level courses in special education at a university in British Columbia.
- submit a letter detailing:
- personal experience which demonstrates interest in and commitment to working with children with special needs. Preference will be given to an individual who is, or intends to, work in the puclic education system in British Columbia.
- future goals related to working in the field of special education
- relevance of course work to achieving future goals
- submit letter(s) of support verifying exceptional performance from one or more of the following:
- a school-based sponsor teacher.
- school district administrator of special education.
- a professor of special education.
- submit all documents to the SEA President by February 1 of the year in which the scholarship is to be awarded.
||Documents must be received by mail, fax, or email by the February closure date. Late applications will not be considered. |
SEA Executive Committee members are not eligible for this award For further information, including application and/or nomination forms, please contact www.bctf.ca/sea/Awards.htm
during their term of office.
Updated December 2, 2002