- a member of BCAMT or at least one PSA of the BCTF
- have demonstrated excellence, and have been teaching mathematics regularly in an elementary or secondary setting in British Columbia for a period of no more than 5 years (teaching style, knowledge of the curriculum, current curriculum trends, etc.)
- have made significant effort to expand professional expertise by attending or presenting workshops, seminars, conferences, community projects, curriculum development, publishing, etc.
- have initiated innovative and effective programs in their classroom, school, or district (teacher research, technology, active learning, assessment, etc.)
- show evidence of significant positive impact on students, staff and parents
- not be a present member of the BCAMT executive
Send the nomination package in an envelope clearly marked BCAMT awards, postmarked no later than March 31, 2003 to:
- a completed nomination form (one person per form);
- nominee's curriculum vitae which demonstrates evidence of teaching, contribution, innovation, professional involvement and impact;
- nominator's summary (one page only) explaining concisely the reasons for the nomination;
- two letters of support (one page each) with concise information about how the nominee fulfills the criteria.
Chair, BCAMT Awards Committee
2090 Greylynn Crescent
North Vancouver, BC, V7J 2X7