Teachers Teaching on Call Advisory Committee (TTOCAC) 2018–19
|Alexa Bennett Fox
||44 (North Vancouver)
|Julie Bond ||78 (Fraser Cascade) |
||59-1 (Peace River South)
|Hilaire Charlotte Ford
||42 (Maple Ridge)
|Cori Huizer||22 (Vernon)|
||61 (Greater Victoria)
||85 (Vancouver Island North)
|The BCTF EC will appoint a tenth member to the TTOCAC in September 2018. |
Executive Committee representative
||BCTF Table Officer
||BCTF administrative staff co-ordinator
|Bonnie Quan Symons
||BCTF support staff
Terms of Reference
- To advise
the BCTF Executive Committee on:
a. policies, procedures, and activities regarding teachers teaching on call.
b. strategies for improving the quality of life and professional recognition
for teachers teaching on call.
resources, and activities which encourage and support the participation of teachers who teach on call in the locals and the BCTF.
support communications with members on TTOC issues.
To advise, consult and advocate for TTOC issues with TTOC contacts, with
locals, in zones, at
BCTF Summer Leadership Conference and at the BCTF New Teachers’ Conference.
Teachers Teaching on Call Advisory Committee Proposed Priorities for 2018–19
The Federation commits to engaging members to connect their diverse
stories and strengths to collectively:
- advance the cause of public education as a public good.
- attain meaningful equity and inclusion in our schools, union, and
- challenge colonial structures and attitudes by implementing the TRC
Calls to Action and the United Nations Declaration on the Rights of Indigenous
- ensure a comprehensive graduation program for all students.
- secure time, resources, in-service, teacher mentorship, and
professional development opportunities to support the K–12 curriculum.
- realize significant improvements for all members through collective
- advocate for conditions
that attract and retain BC teachers.