Sharing Files Using the BCTF FTP Server
The BCTF provides a file transfer protocol (ftp) server for file sharing purposes among BCTF staff and external users. FTP should be used to send files that exceed 3 MB and for multiple file transfers. A public directory has been created to enable these uploads.
Uploading files to the BCTF public ftp server
Using Windows Explorer
- Launch Windows Explorer.
- In the address bar, enter ftp://ftp.bctf.ca/uploads. You should connect to the BCTF ftp server.
- Switch to appropriate subdirectory, if necessary.
- To upload a file, locate the file to upload locally and drag it onto the Explorer window. The file should be copied over.
Using ftp software
- Launch your ftp software.*
- Open a new connection using the settings below. You may want to save the settings for future use. Please note the setting labels may differ depending on your ftp software.
||<your e-mail address>
- You should now be connected to the BCTF ftp server. Switch to the uploads directory and transfer your file(s) using the appropriate command (e.g., put, upload) or drag and drop.
- Close the connection and exit your ftp software.
- Send an e-mail to let your intended recipient know the name(s) of the file(s) you have uploaded.
|* ftp software, both freeware and shareware, is available for download on the Internet.
||– for Windows users we recommend FileZilla at filezilla.sourceforge.net
||– for Mac users we recommend Fetch at fetchsoftworks.com