Starling Program is an online mental health and wellness tool that is designed specifically for teachers. It helps you assess, monitor, and improve your mental fitness in the privacy of your home. As a member of BC Teachers’ Federation, it is available
to you and your family members to use anywhere and anytime you want, for free. Starling is and will always be 100% confidential.
If you are feeling stressed, remember that you are not alone. Twenty percent of teachers will experience some type of mental health issue. Over two- thirds of them will not seek help due to stigma and shame.
Starling has improved the lives of thousands of teachers across Canada. We have helped them become more resilient to stress so that they can focus on what they love most – making a positive difference in students’ lives.
Starling helps teachers learn about stress, mental fitness exercises, and how to break unhealthy patterns that may lead to anxiety and depression. Starling provides:
- Online training tools and education videos based on Cognitive Behaviour Therapy
- Case study videos of a teacher named Virginia
- Evidence based training and tools that are available anytime and anywhere in the world
- An assessment of symptoms and functioning that tracks progress over time
- A five-module preventative mental health program
- A rules engine to provide unique recommendations for each user
- Early intervention programs for anxiety and/or depression
- Additional coverage for family members
Kate is a BC teacher who has
been a Starling member since 2014. Watch Kate’s story of how Starling helped in
her professional and personal life!