BCTF Issue Session on Racism
BCTF members who identify as First Nations, Inuit, Metis, and persons of colour are invited to apply to participate in the BCTF 2021 Issues Session on Racism. The session will take place virtually on the evening of Thursday, April 29 and
all day, Friday, April 30. The issues session will include:
- A keynote address followed by an ice breaker on the evening of Thursday, April 29
- A facilitated session on Friday, April 30. The BCTF will provide a Leave of Absence for this date.
The facilitated session on Friday will provide opportunities for BCTF members who identify as First Nations, Inuit, Metis, and persons of colour from diverse geographic regions around the province to:
- Continue to strengthen connections between the community of BCTF BIPOC members.
- Develop proposals for concrete actions to address racism that align with BCTF Executive Committee decisions based on reports from the previous Racism Issue Sessions* and the 2020 Representative Assembly Task Force, as well as decisions made at the
2021 BCTF AGM.
- Develop a professional statement of principles to guide the antiracism work of the BCTF.
*The Reports to the BCTF Executive Committee on the First and Second Issue Sessions on Racism are posted on the BCTF Equity and Inclusion webpage at bctf.ca/SocialJustice.aspx?id=44326.
- active BCTF member
- experience teaching Grades K‒12
- balance of diversity—gender, regional representation, etc., will be sought
- identify as First Nations, Inuit, Metis, or persons of colour.
Members who apply to participate in the Issues Session on Racism are invited to join the issue session planning committee. The planning committee will meet in early April to help coordinate the upcoming Issues Sessions. These meetings
will take place outside of the AGM meeting times. Please indicate your interest to participate in this planning committee on the application form.
Extended deadline: Friday, April 9, at 4:30 p.m.
To apply, please complete the BCTF Issue Session on Racism application form and fax to 604-871-2286
or email your application to email@example.com.
Direct enquiries to:
Christine Stewart at firstname.lastname@example.org