Benefits and Privileges of BCTF Associate Membership
Associate membership entitles the member to:
- receive the Members’ Guide to the BCTF, on request;
- receive the Teacher Newsmagazine, or equivalent;
- join provincial specialist associations on payment of the PSA membership fee;
- participate in BCTF PD activities, as appropriate;
- participate in the BCTF/Seaboard Voluntary Group Life Insurance Plan, the BCTF/North American Group Life Insurance Plan, and the BCTF/Royal Trust Group Registered Retirement Savings Plan where school board payroll deduction is available, and subject to eligibility conditions under the terms of those plans.
An associate member is not eligible to vote or hold office in the B.C. Teachers’ Federation.
The fee is $100.
The BCTF Associate Membership application form is not the form to be used by uncertificated teachers’ replacements (teachers-on-call who do not have a B.C. teaching certificate). Contact your local or district for form F08-07.
Administrative officers who are employed in the public school system who wish to participate in the BCTF Salary Indemnity Plan should apply for an Affiliate Administrative Membership. (form F08-20)
F08-08 Associate Membership Memo