Teacher Inquiry: BCTF Program for Quality Teaching
Current research and experience tells us that inquiry is a form of professional development that promotes deep, relevant, personal learning within a community of teaching professionals.
Articles and reports
- THESA Inquiry Project 2014/2015 report, March 2016
- Teachers + technology + teacher inquiry = improved learning for students. BCTF Research list post (Nov 30, 2011)
- Teacher inquiry. Teacher newsmagazine (Mar 2010)
- Building collaboration for professional learning in School District 20, Kootenay-Columbia: A report from the BCTF/School District Inquiry Group 2013-14, by Charlie Naylor, Senior Researcher, BCTF Research, May 2014
- BC Teachers’ Federation, Teacher Inquiry Work Group. (2008). Teacher inquiry in the BCTF: A focus for supporting teachers’ professional development. BC Teachers’ Federation, Vancouver, BC.
- Naylor, C., et al. (2012). A British Columbia teacher union and school district collaboration to support inclusion. Paper presented at the American Educational Research Association (AERA) Annual Conference, Vancouver, BC, Canada, April 13-17, 2012.
- Naylor, C. (2010). A Canadian teacher union and its approach to teacher inquiry: A west coast perspective. Paper presented at the Canadian Society for the Study of Education 2010 Congress.
- Naylor, C., et al. (2012). Teacher inquiry: The catalytic and collaborative role of a Canadian teacher union. Paper presented at the American Educational Research Association (AERA) Annual Conference, Vancouver, BC, Canada, April 13–17, 2012.
Research and resources