BCTF Information Services—Research & Reports
Provides summaries and links to new reports and studies in the fields of
education, labour, and social sciences.
Permanent link All Posts
21st Century Learning
Assessment for Learning
Child & Adolescent Health/Development
Education - Ontario
Homophobia/Heterosexism - Youth
- Blackburn, M.V., & Pennell, S.M. (2018). Teaching students to question assumptions about gender and sexuality. Kappan, 100(2): 27-31.
- Lowry, R., et al. (2018). Nonconforming gender expression and associated mental distress and substance use among high school students. JAMA Pediatrics. Published online 24 Sept. 2018.
- Mangin, M. (2018). Supporting transgender and gender-expansive children in school. Kappan, 100(2): 16-21.
- Penney, N. (2018). Creating a gender inclusive school culture. CTF Perspectives, December 2018.
- Ahn, R., Shimojima, Y., Mori, H., & Asanuma, S. (2018/2019). Japan's innovative approach to professional learning. Phi Delta Kappan, 100(4): 49-53.
- Osmond-Johnson, P., Zeichner, K., & Campbell, C. (2017). The state of educators' professional learning in Alberta. Oxford, OH: Learning Forward.
Public Education Advocacy
Social Emotional Learning
- Aspen Institute National Commission on Social, Emotional, and Academic Development. (2018). From a nation at risk to a nation at hope: Recommendations from the National Commission on Social, Emotional, & Academic Development. The Aspen Institute.
- Goodwin, B. (2018). Research Matters/SEL: Getting the 'other stuff' right. Educational Leadership, 76(2): 78-79.
- Mahoney, J.L., Durlak, J.A., & Weissberg, R.P. (2018/2019). An update on social and emotional learning outcome research. Phi Delta Kappan, 100(4): 18-23.
- McKibben, S. (2018). Grit and the greater good: A conversation with Angela Duckworth. Educational Leadership, 76(2): 40-45.
Students at Risk
Testing - U.S.
- Heissel, J.A., Adam, E.K., Doleac, J.L., Figlio, D.N., & Meer, J. (2018). Testing, stress, and performance: How students respond physiologically to high-stakes testing.