BCTF Information Services—Research & Reports
Provides summaries and links to new reports and studies in the fields of
education, labour, and social sciences.
Permanent link All Posts
Child & Adolescent Health/Development
Educational Indicators - International
Homophobia/Heterosexism - Youth
- Brown, S., Hales, A., Kuehn, L., & Steffensen, K. (2016). The state of educators' professional learning in British Columbia: Executive summary. Oxford, OH: Learning Forward.
- Campbell, C., et al. (2016). The state of educators' professional learning in Canada. Oxford, OH: Learning Forward.
- Fullan, M., & Hargreaves, A. (2016). Bringing the profession back in: Call to action. Oxford, OH: Learning Forward.
- Kennedy, M.M. (2016). How does professional learning improve teaching? Review of Educational Research, 86(4): 945-980.
- Kyndt, E., Gijbels, D., Grosemans, I., & Donche, V. (2016). Teachers' everyday professional development: Mapping informal learning activities, antecedents, and learning outcomes. Review of Educational Research, 86(4): 1111-1150.
Professional Learning Communities
- Browne, D. (2016). Summer learning that sticks. Phi Delta Kappan, 98(4): 15-20.
- Hill, P.T., & Heyward, G. (2017, Mar. 3). A troubling contagion: The rural 4-day school week. Brown Center Chalkboard [Brookings blog].
- Hill, P.T., & Heyward, G. (2015). The four-day school week in rural Idaho schools. Rural Opportunities Consortium of Idaho.
- Magaña, A., Saab, M., & Svoboda, V. (2016). More time for learning. Phi Delta Kappan, 98(4): 26-30.
- Wahlstrom, K.L. (2016). <"a href="http://journals.sagepub.com/doi/pdf/10.1177/0031721716681770" target="_blank">Later start time for teens improves grades, mood, and safety. Phi Delta Kappan, 98(4): 8-14.
Teacher Recruitment & Retention
Teaching & Learning Conditions
Testing - U.S.