BCTF Information Services—Research & Reports
Provides summaries and links to new reports and studies in the fields of
education, labour, and social sciences.
Child & Adolescent Health/Development
- Kuhfeld, M., et al. (2020). Projecting the potential impact of COVID-19 school closures on academic achievement. Educational Researcher, 49(8): 549-565.
- Leslie, L. (2020). Trauma and the post-COVID teacher: Caring beyond the curriculum as schools reopen across Canada. Education Canada, 60(3).
- Marshall, D.T., Shannon, D.M., & Love, S.M. (2020). How teachers experienced the COVID-19 transition to remote instruction. Phi Delta Kappan, 102(3): 46-50.
- OECD. (2020). Lessons for education from COVID-19: A policy maker's handbook for more resilient systems. Paris: OECD Publishing. [full text available in library.
Homophobia/Heterosexism - Youth
Poverty and Children
- Starck, J.G., Riddle, T., Sinclair, S., & Warikoo, N. (2020). Teachers are people too: Examining the racial bias of teachers compared to other American adults. Educational Researcher, 49(4): 273-284.
- Thompson, R. (2020). Addressing racism in the K-12 workplace: The impact of racial trauma on Black and non-white educators. Education Canada, 60(3).
Social Media - Impact on Youth
Testing - U.S.