BCTF Information Services—Research & Reports
Provides summaries and links to new reports and studies in the fields of
education, labour, and social sciences.
Child & Adolescent Health/Development
- Jensen, M., et al. (2019). Young adolescents' digital technology use and mental health symptoms: Little evidence of longitudinal or daily linkages. Clinical Psychological Science, 7(6): 1416-1433. [Abstract only.]
- Meltzer, L.J., et al. (2019). Impact of changing middle and high school start times on sleep, extracurricular activities, homework, and academic engagement. Sleep, 42(Supplement 1): A328-A329. [Abstract only.]
- Viner, R.M., et al. (2019). Roles of cyberbullying, sleep, and physical activity in mediating the effects of social media use on mental health and wellbeing among young people in England: A secondary analysis of longitudinal data. The Lancet Child & Adolescent Health, 3(10): 685-696. [Abstract only.]
Education - Finland
Homophobia/Heterosexism - Youth
- Airton, L., Kirkup, K., McMillan, A., & DesRochers, J. (2019). What is "gender expression?" How a new and nebulous human rights construct is taking shape in Ontario school board policy documents. Canadian Journal of Education, 42(4): 1154-1182.
- James, K. (2019). Mapping sexual orientation and gender identity (SOGI) inclusion through curriculum and practice in a Canadian teacher education program. Canadian Journal of Education, 42(4): 957-991.
- Tompkins, J., Kearns, L.-L., & Mitton-Kükner, J. (2019). Queer educators in schools: The experiences of four beginning teachers. Canadian Journal of Education, 42(4): 384-414.
Poverty and Children
- Anderson, R.E., Saleem, F.T., & Huguley, J.P. (2019). Choosing to see the racial stress that afflicts our Black students. Phi Delta Kappan, 101(3): 20-25.
- English, D., et al. (2020). Daily multidimensional racial discrimination among Black U.S. American adolescents. Journal of Applied Developmental Psychology, 66, 101068.
Social Emotional Learning
Students at Risk
Teacher Recruitment & Retention
Teacher Supply and Demand
Year Round Schools/Education