BCTF Information Services—Research & Reports
Provides summaries and links to new reports and studies in the fields of
education, labour, and social sciences.
Permanent link 21st Century Learning
- Da Silva, T.L., Zakzanis, K., Henderson, J., & Ravindran, A.V. (2017). Predictors of post-secondary academic outcomes among local-born, immigrant, and international students in Canada: A retrospective analysis. Canadian Journal of Education, 40(4): 543-575.
- Dietrichson, J., et al. (2017). Academic interventions for elementary and middle school students with low socioeconomic status: A systematic review and meta-analysis. Review of Educational Research, 87(2): 243-282.
Child & Adolescent Health/Development
- Twenge, J.M., Joiner, T.E., Rogers, M.L., & Martin, G.N. (2017). Increases in depressive symptoms, suicide-related outcomes, and suicide rates among U.S. adolescents after 2010 and links to increased new media screen time. Clinical Psychological Science. First published online 14 Nov. 2017.
- UNICEF Office of Research. (2017). Building the future: Children and the sustainable development goals in rich countries. Innocenti Report Card, 14. Innocenti, Florence: UNICEF Office of Research.
Early Childhood Education
Education - Ontario
Educational Indicators - International
Educational Technology - Impact on Teaching & Learning
Immigrants - Education/Job Skills
Public School Closings
- Gaertner, M., & Kirshner, B. (2017). NEPC review: "Lights off: Practice and impact of closing low-performing schools. Boulder, CO: National Education Policy Center.
- Han, C., et al. (2017). Lights off: Practice and impact of closing low-performing schools. Volume I. Stanford, CA: Center for Research on Education Outcomes (CREDO).
- Han, C., et al. (2017). Lights off: Practice and impact of closing low-performing schools. Volume II. Stanford, CA: Center for Research on Education Outcomes (CREDO).
Social Media - Impact on Youth
- AFT & BATs. (2017). 2017 educator quality of work life survey.
- Ferguson, K., Mang, C., & Frost, L. (2017). Teacher stress and social support usage. Brock Education Journal, 26(2): 62-86.
- Oberle, E., & Schonert-Reichl, K.A. (2016). Stress contagion in the classroom? The link between classroom teacher burnout and morning cortisol in elementary school students. Social Science & Medicine, 159: 30-37.
- Schonert-Reichl, K.A., Kitil, M.J., & Hanson-Peterson, J. (2017). To reach the students, teach the teachers: A national scan of teacher preparation and social & emotional learning. A report prepared for the Collaborative for Academic, Social, and Emotional Learning (CASEL). Vancouver, B.C.: University of British Columbia.