The BCTF provides this professional development calendar as a service to members. The placement of a non-BCTF event on this calendar should not be viewed as any kind of endorsement of the event. The BCTF does not accept any liability for errors or omissions in any of the information provided. Individuals planning to attend a conference should always contact the sponsoring organization to confirm the dates and other details of registration.
The BCTF reserves the right not to publish specific non-BCTF events to the to the calendar and it is BCTF policy not publish PD events by outside agencies that are scheduled for the October provincial PSA Day.
PSA BCTF Non-profit Commercial
||Monday, July 27, 2020|
Online Pro-D Course: Engineering for Your Classroom
Jul 17 to Aug 30, Online
This free, self-guided, online pro-d course, is designed for grades 4-9 BC educators (teachers, teacher candidates, and administrators), who are interested in developing their capabilities and confidence in teaching engineering activities in their classrooms. Activities in this course relate to BC’s Science and Applied Design, Skills, and Technologies (ADST) curriculum. After completing this course, teachers will have ideas inspiration, and resources to incorporate engineering & design-thinking activities into their classroom.
- 8 modules to be completed, at your own pace, in 8-12 hours.
- Hands-on design activities relate to several engineering disciplines: civil, mechanical, biomedical, materials, computer, and sustainability.
- Course content includes ready-to-go activities, inspiration for your own activities, resources for further learning, and a foundation in how to incorporate engineering in your classroom.
- Hands-on activities you can complete at home and try with your classrooms. All activities use only common household items.
- This course is hosted on a UBC course platform. It is free and easy to use!
More Information: www.geeringuponline.ca/teachers