BCTF Workshop Detail
Education Change: The Big Picture
This SURT workshop is intended for Staff Reps and Pro-D
Chairs/Reps to attend together. This workshop provides reps with the “big
picture” issues in education change including the importance of:
- the school community and the values that are
fundamental to public education.
- the teacher’s professional voice, autonomy, and
collective agreement rights related to education change.
- resources, support, and working conditions
necessary for the successful implementation of education change.
- a thorough understanding of the many elements of
the government’s education change plans, including revised curriculum.
- member, local, and BCTF involvement, through
appropriate processes, in any education change initiatives.
Click here to book this workshop.