Teachers, students, and parents together for safe and healthy schools
This event has now been cancelled
BC Teachers’ Federation is sponsoring a provincial conference to bring
together teachers and parents from every part of our province to
ensure that quality, inclusive, public education is a top priority
for government at all levels.
We hope that by sharing our
experiences and gaining some new knowledge and skills, we’ll build
greater awareness and momentum for positive change.
When we return to our communities, we’ll work together to advocate
for the kind of public schools our kids need and deserve.
The event is free for parents to attend. Transportation, food, and accommodation are covered by the BCTF.
April 17–18, 2020
Where: Pacific Gateway Hotel, Richmond BC
What: Special guest speakers and workshops on issues including:
• Teen mental health
• Staying safe and well online
• Media relations for public education advocates
• Funding inclusive education for all students
• Youth leading the way on the climate crisis
• Understanding the provincial budget
and issues in education funding
• Advocating for public education during elections